Sunday 30 September 2007

I am Knitwit

I set up this blogspot a few months ago but have been a bit shy to actually write on it. I am not very good at writing so that puts me off a bit BUT I had a great idea the other night and after chatting it over with my mate IanT down the pub I have decided to write more on my blog.

NOW....message to Ian - I absolutely PROMISE I didn't copy your blog name - like I set this blog up months ago before I knew your blog name.

So...my idea....I am a student. I am studying for a degree in Knitted Textiles. Instead of writing a dissertation we have to create a Reflective Journal. In our Reflective Journal we have to comment on our creative practice and reflect on our creative processes and discuss the who, the what and the why I as a designer do the things I do. Confused yet?

My firend alabamawhirly has joined a group on Flickr called 'crafting 365'. Everyday you post a photo of something you are making or have created that day and make a comment about it. The group rules say:

"Craft a little every day, take a photo and add it to your Flickr! Blog about it too if you want to :)
It's a great way to make sure devote a bit of time to your arts and crafts everyday, and it's always fun to track your work-in-progress, workspace mess and finished projects...
Everyone is welcome to join, no more than one photo per day, please tag them "crafting 365". Spread the crafty love!"

So I thought I could do a simular thing but make it about my college work and keep a blog diary/online reflective journal. My aim is to take regular photos of something that has inspired me, ideas and sucesses and/or failures of work I have created that day. Also it would be great if readers of this blog could comment on my work and give me 'constructive' feedback :)

Apologies for BAD spelling BAD Grammar and BAD punucation throughout this blog.

2 comments:

iant said...

Oi you knicked my blog name! Heh, just kidding.
Good luck with the blog diary/online reflective journal thing. I'll try and check back often and give you 'constructive' feedback.

alabama whirly said...

come on knitwit, my blogging friend - I love your idea!