Wednesday 6 February 2008

Reflective journal - Week one

So...I'm supposed to start my reflective journal. ONLY 15 weeks left until I finish my degree. Sad and excited all at the same time. Sad at leaving the optimistic, creative and inspiring environment that the art college provides BUT excited by new opportunities and embarking on a new chapter in my life.

Here is goes.....Week one



I meet up with a group of knitters every Wednesday. I've been going to knit night for almost 3 years now. It is very important to me and it is often the highlight of the week. We go on outings - to rock concerts and cocktails bars. Some nights knit night are very special - there is something very powerful about a group of women from different backgrounds, ages and life experiences coming together and offering support, advice and encouragement to each other.

BUT what has knit night got to do with my uni work. Well....it's good "time out". I say time out - that is not strictly true as it is 'KNIT' night afterall and I often take uni work with me to finish off - but it offers me time to listen to different conversations, see projects that the other people are working on and become more inspired. It's fun to talk about knitting that isn't related to my uni work and discuss the lastest pattern book someone has got off Amazon or marvel at which knitting stitch or project someone trying out this week or coo over someones yarn purchase. It sounds a little mad I know - BUT I love knit night and today is Wednesday - HOORAAAH!!!!

1 comment:

alabama whirly said...

I like this, the descriptions of us all, it is the same for me, it makes me breathe