Sunday 7 October 2007

Clay Play Sunday


, originally uploaded by iant °.

Today was a very creative day. I had a wonderful Sunday afternoon at my friends house messing about with clay. The idea was to make clay heads of each other. It's much more difficult than you first imagine. I was struggling with the eyes and lips. How are you supposed to keep it simple whist trying to keep a likeness of the persons head you are modelling? I enjoyed myself so much that I want to learn more.

I am now thinking about working in the style of another artist. I have decided on Picasso...watch this space.

2 comments:

alabama whirly said...

wow, you have a friends with a wicked clay studio - lucky lucky you ; )

iant said...

it looked like fun but quite difficult.
I think next time, instead of my just turning up, taking photos and drinking all the tea, I may ask dan if I can have a little go too.